Monday, April 6, 2015

Ideas for Sprucing

Right now is a crazy wonderful time for my little family. Trent and I are in the process of buying our first house. It's been a whirlwind, and for anyone who has never gone through this endeavor, it is not at all like what you see on HGTV. Besides the tiny bit of scariness associated with making very possibly the biggest purchase in one's life, we are sooooo excited to begin this new quest of home-ownership. Quite obviously, I have been daydreaming about decorating ideas to spruce up the new place. 

I love the big mirror on the buffet. I think it would look lovely in the dining room with some plants and crystal candlesticks. I love the mid-century marble topped buffets a whole lot, and I hope to snag one eventually. (Image via)
This wood burning stove! I saw this picture on Design Sponge way before we fell in love with our house, and thought maybe one day (as in probably never). Well as it so happens, our house once held a wood burning stove. Now, that "maybe one day" is really a good possible maybe, and not a probably never maybe. Could you imagine warming your toes by this beauty in the winter!?!? (Image via)
A nice pretty set of hooks by the entryway is a need in my opinion. Your daily used hats, bags, scarves, sweaters, and dog leashes need a special place of their own. (Image via)
I like my bedroom to be light and airy, almost dreamlike. I like a space that is simple and relaxing. We have a door that leads to the back porch at our house and I have a feeling it will be wide open on nice breezy days, just like this picture. And that linen throw is exquisite! (Image via)
The kitchen in our new space is really the only room that hasn't been redone in quite sometime. Eventually I would like to give it a good remodel, and I have SO many ideas for it. Main concepts I love are light cabinets, open shelving, and big tub sinks. I also really like the idea of a pretty rug in the kitchen. You don't see too many big rugs in kitchens, but I think it gives a cozy homey feel. (Image via)
Ah, the dining space. We have never had an actual dining space before, and I am thrilled to acquire this special room. This picture really inspires me. I'm not too sure about exactly how I want to decorate our dining area, but I do know I want it to feel inviting. Somewhere friends and family can feel welcome and sit and share the best memories eating and laughing and talking for hours!  (Image via)

With all of this wishful thinking and dreaming shared, I'm not in any hurry to get everything looking just so. I am content. I am beyond content. I am truly blessed, and so thankful for this opportunity. I want to take my time, and gather things for our home that we love and that have meaning to us. Unlike our rent spaces, this is a place we hope to stay for a long long while, and I can't wait to make it ours!







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!