Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Essential Crochet Basics Class for Skillshare


A few months back, I was contacted by Skillshare to see if I would be interested in creating a course for their platform. If you aren't familiar with Skillshare, they are an online learning community with tons of wonderful classes on a wide range of topics. I actually learned to knit by taking a Skillshare class in 2014, and talked about my experience in this post.  I was a bit hesitant at first, because I am quite a shy person. Throughout school, and even now, I would DREAD presentations, as I tended to sound as if I were running a marathon while giving my public speech. My husband, being the most incredibly supportive person he is, ended up convincing me to give it a try. Creating this class was no small feat for me. Not only am I camera shy, I am not so great with technology either, so the filming and editing portions of this class were a learning curve for me. That said, I LOVED designing this project and sharing my skills in this class. I don't know how people learned much of anything without the internet. The majority of my crochet skills were learned through kind people sharing their knowledge online. So although I feel uncouth as a teacher, I do hope this class can help others who are interested in this craft.

This class is brimming with basic crochet techniques including how to get started, basic stitches, and finishing techniques. You will learn how to crochet in rows and rounds. And you will walk away with the cutest oven-mitt to gift or keep for yourself. It is an intensive beginner class, but I wanted to teach all of the core crochet techniques that makeup most crochet patterns that students can come back to and reference as they work through other crochet projects.

So if you are interested in learning this craft, or if you are already a fellow crocheter and simply want to make the oven mitt class project, you can enroll in the class by following this link. The first 25 students can enroll at no cost. I really hope you enjoy the class!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!