Friday, May 5, 2017

Little Things

The Little Things posts are links to a few things I am loving lately. A good day revolves around good and happy moments, gratefulness, and  sometimes delighting in little things that make your heart smile. I hope these links bring a little joy to your day, too. 


A glad heart is excellent medicine.
Proverbs 17:22

A great article about propagating rosemary AND using raw honey as a natural root hormone.

This beautiful flower-filled interview with Jessica of A Fine Medley.

I made this carrot soup this week during a stormy night and served it along side a fresh spring salad. I highly recommend! 

My mom gifted me the Modern Natural Dyer book for my birthday, and it has inspired me so much. I saw this little zipper pouch the other day, and now I'm dreaming of making a naturally dyed version to practice my embroidery skills on. 

Have you heard of this organization before? They help bring basic needs to individuals, organizations, and communities to help them focus on bigger goals with efficient and structured programs. 

This baby lamb from Ashley Yousling's farm is just melting my heart away. 

I listened to this podcast this week about zero waste, and I'm already making small changes to reduce waste in our home. So good. 

I added this pattern to my summer make list, in a soft white and leaving off the ribbing. 

Happy Friday sweet friends!

Photo by Jess Kneebone

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found you through Taproot Magazine. I spin, weave and dye with plants during the summer at an Iron Age Settlement in Wales. Its interesting how the little things give pleasure, things that cost so little.
    Thanks for sharing,

    Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Spinning, weaving, and dyeing OH MY! That sounds absolutely lovely. Those are actually the arts I am trying to expand my knowledge in. I really can't wait to play around with dyes this summer as well. All the best with your fiber and dyeing endeavors!

      Delete