Friday, July 21, 2017

Little Things


The Little Things posts are links to a few things I am loving lately. A good day revolves around good and happy moments, gratefulness, and  sometimes delighting in little things that make your heart smile. I hope these links bring a little joy to your day, too. 

A glad heart is excellent medicine.
Proverbs 17:22

An article about wholehearted living that relates so well to present day distractions.

There are very few foods I won't eat. Beets used to be one of them. But, when our CSA boxes were filling our produce drawers with them, I knew I had to give them another shot. Now I have a handful of delicious go-to beet recipes and this one is one of my favorites!

This Biches & Buches knit wrap pattern in the new Laine magazine has me swooning!

And this photo I came across on Pinterest has my heart melting. 

On another note, last year my community suffered a great natural disaster. In August of last year, about 70,000 houses flooded including many of my family members and friends. My company is currently playing a small part in the Restore program to assist people in restoring their homes. In almost a year, there are so so many still not home. I've had the privilege to  visit many households and hear their stories. Not only flood stories, but the other sufferings that life throws at each one of us. Throughout every unique circumstance, these warriors keep a brave face and positive outlook, but they are suffering all the same. So my sweet online community, will you please continue to keep my local community in your thoughts and prayers? Please remember them, and remember to be kind and love one another. We all have our crosses we bear every day. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!